The introduction to “The Fate of the Russian Revolution, volume 1” (published in 1998) sets the perspective and the framework for the documentation in “The Fate”, volume 2, of how two distinct strands of Trotskyism developed through responses to the survival and expansion of Stalinism in the 1940s.
- 1. Constructing the socialist order
- 2. Bolshevism at bay: Trotsky on the USSR
- 3. The “Locum” and Totalitarian Economism
- 4. The neo-Trotskyists and Stalinist expansion
- 5. Max Shachtman and James P Cannon; 6. Trotsky and the future of socialism
Up to 31 October 2015, you can order volume 2 post free, get multiple copies at reduced prices, or buy volumes 1 and 2 cheap as a combined deal. Click here to order online.